.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
I've had many trips from Barcelona to Amsterdam for business purpose over the last two years, but I rarely went to the toilets of Schipol Airport (Amsterdam), especially the one you can find just after the arrival gate. Yesterday morning, as I had drunk too much water and coffee during the flight, I definitely had to go for a pee after picking up my luggage and before being stuck in a traffic jam in the Amsterdam Ring.
What a surprise whent I went in (look at the pic, sorry for the quality but I had only my mobile phone an no camera this time): just above the urinals, a real size picture depicting travelers and other wretches was stuck up on the wall, and two TV screens on the top left corner showing the images of the aforementioned characters!
Not inspiring enough, I then paid attention to the sound: instead of having a usual (although boring) musique d'ambiance or even just silence, the designer(s) of this piece of art (I'm sure its author(s) regard it as such) ensured to have a complete package by putting a hubbub recorded in the airport itself. So basically, it was nothing more but feeling that you pee at the very arrival gate itself!
This brought me back to one picture that Tahar previoulsy disclosed in his blog, sexier for sure that one, but not less... inspiring!
Cheers.
 
posted by Amine at 10:10 PM |


8 Comments:


At 3/16/2006 01:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

First of all, let me thank you for the link to my blog.

Finally i'm not the only wc fan.. llol !!

Thanks for sharing this.

Taher ALAMI (STAR)
http://www.monmaroc.com

 

At 3/16/2006 09:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Gosh ! That would put me off, well just the idea of public urinal puts me off. Wonder if they could do the same to women toilets !

 

At 3/16/2006 09:58:00 AM, Blogger Amine

Tahar> You're welcome.

Lady M> :-) well, I promise: I'll try the women's ones next time and I'll take a pic if possible! :-)
I can understand one can be put off, but you gotta pee... you gotta pee! :-(

 

At 3/16/2006 01:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Hello Amine,
thanx for this post!
I have always found that schipol is the best airport in Europe concerning the signalisation, direction, everything is clear comparing with fraport ...
Now , concernning WC , i didn't pay attention last time (~1 year) wheni was visiting AMS, the women wc were very normal ones :)
Anyways, i think i have to post about the CMN toilets (mohammed V toilets), i think i don't to write any word, a pic will be more discriptive:)

 

At 3/16/2006 11:02:00 PM, Blogger Najlae

anouar> please don't forget to mention le "grésil",reconaissable dès l'aterrissage :)

Amine> sympathique ce post :) to me,the best airport restrooms are the ones in Chicago, u know, the plastified ones that change with every user.then u can sit hehehehe

 

At 3/17/2006 09:18:00 AM, Blogger meriem

i hate to ask, but you managed to pee? :O

 

At 3/17/2006 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Amine

Najlae> THe plasfified ones=> well not only Chicago Ohare Airport has that... it became a general trend accross Europe as well :-)

Meriem> Tu m'as bien fait rire... oui, après un blocage dû à la perplexité du moment, j'ai pu...

 

At 3/17/2006 07:58:00 PM, Blogger Najlae

amine> well, not in Paris :p